Jermaine Jackson isn’t pleased with claims Conrad Murray - the doctor convicted with the manslaughter of his brother Michael - could be signing up for ‘I’m A Celebrity… Get Me Out Of Here!’, and has put in an impassioned plea to ITV. Reports that Conrad could be set for a stint in the jungle began circulating earlier this week, and Jermaine is now calling on the producers to ditch the rumoured plans. In a string of tweets, which were also highly critical of the attention of Conrad is receiving for his new book, he wrote:
1. Jurors didn't believe a word out of Conrad Murray's mouth. Nor should anyone now. He & his trashy book can't be taken seriously. #clown
2. Murray's recklessness killed Michael, and his book-promoting lies are transparent: the desperate deflections of a guilty, odious man.
3. Also, Conrad Murray reportedly in talks re UK show 'I'm A Celebrity, Get Me Outta Here!' No way @itv & @antanddec can stoop so low.
4. I urge @itv to maintain sense of decency & not use Michael's death/killer for sick entertainment value. Despicable to even consider it.
5. Every fan should lobby @itv and @antanddec to ensure they do the right thing, and NOT reward Michael's killer w/$$$ & spotlight.
Silence from @itv re our concerns that Murray is being lined up for 'I'm A Celebrity...' All producers have to say is 'No, he won't feature'
Conrad’s agent confirmed talks about his inclusion in the new series of the ITV reality show, telling The Mirror: “It is true. We are talking to the show’s producers about having Conrad in the jungle for the next show.” Conrad Murray served two years of his four year sentence. ‘I’m A Celeb’ is still months away from beginning, but there are already plenty of rumours about who could be signing up.